PREP TIME COOK TIME
15 minutes 25 minutes
SERVINGS: 4 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 cups reduced sodium beef stock
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- In a large deep saute pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent about 4-5 minutes.
- Add celery and parsley and cook until soft, about 3-4 more minutes. Let cool a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine beef, egg, onion mixture, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and allspice. Mix well and form meatballs 1/8 cup each (fill 1/4 cup then divide the meat in half).
- Add beef stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly drop meatballs into the broth. Cover and cook about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon and set aside in a serving dish.
- Strain the stock, add to blender with cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Return to pan and simmer a few minutes to thicken, then pour over meatballs.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over noodles or with toothpicks if you want to set these out as an appetizer.