Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Coconut Aminos
PREP TIME COOK TIME
----- 30 minutes
SERVINGS: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or Nuvo's Basil Olive Oil
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (170 g each)
- 3/4 pound green beans (340 g)
- 1 pound mushrooms (try a blend of cremini and oyster), roughly chopped (450 g)
- 3 red bell peppers, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 ºF (232 ºC).
Place three rimmed baking pans in the oven to heat up. One large enough to hold the salmon, the other two for vegetables. The more spread out the veggies are, the faster they will cook.
In a blender, blend the coconut aminos (or tamari) and the oils, green onions and garlic together until the green onions and garlic are very finely chopped.
Pour 1 tablespoon of the sauce into a small bowl and then brush it onto the salmon pieces.
Combine the green beans, bell peppers, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Pour the remaining sauce on top and toss the veggies until well coated.
Take the hot pans out of the oven. Set the salmon pieces in one of the hot pans. Spread the veggies out in the other two pans. Place all the pans in the oven.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until salmon has been cooked as required.
Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper over the salmon and veggies to taste. Serve with additional coconut aminos or tamari on the side for additional flavor if needed.