Shrimp and Avocado Salad
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes -----
(plus 1-3 hours to marinade cooked shrimp)
1-3 hours plus 10 minutes
SERVINGS: 2-4 servings
INGREDIENTS (Cilantro Dressing/Marinade)
- 3 Tbsp fresh Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Nuvo's Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper to taste
- pinch salt, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Cilantro dressing
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, deveined and tail removed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cups lettuce or baby greens
- Pour cilantro dressing/marinade over shrimp (make sure any excess water is poured off, if you are using thawed frozen shrimp). Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (minimum 1 hour).
- Wash and dry lettuce (use a salad spinner, paper towel, clean tea towel or just let it sit in a colander). Divide among plates.
- Cut avocado into bite-size wedges. Sprinkle over lettuce.
- Top with marinated shrimp and leftover dressing. Enjoy!