PREP TIME COOK TIME
2 minutes 50 minutes
SERVINGS: 2 cups
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4th cup Nuvo's Early Harvest Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Lemon's juice
- Kosher Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees Celsius.
- Make 4 slits lengthwise in the eggplant, and insert garlic cloves into the slits. Make some slits in the side of the tomato as well.
- Grease a baking sheet with the oil lightly.
- Place the eggplant and whole tomato on the sheet and bake until soft.
- Remove the tomato when soft (it will become soft early) and leave the eggplant in the pan and remove when done about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and let cool.
- Now remove skins from the eggplant and tomato.
- Blend the roasted eggplant and tomato in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve with snacks.