Dark Chocolate Cake
PREP TIME COOK TIME
15 minutes 40-45 minutes
SERVINGS: 8 slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Nuvos expert blend olive oil
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Take a round baking pan (9-inch), greased and lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Now take a large bowl and combine eggs, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and olive oil.
- Mix the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture in batches and gently stir until combined. Pour chocolate chips, and the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes and then check with toothpick method.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 7-10 minutes before inverting onto the plate.
- Serve and enjoy.