Spinach And Mushroom Quinoa
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes 20 minutes
SERVINGS: 4 Servings
- 1 lb mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (omit butter for vegan version)
- 1 tbsp Nuvo's extra virgin olive oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 5 to 10 ounces fresh spinach (to taste)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp B.S.G (basil/serrano/garlic) (optional)
- Salt to taste
Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until mushrooms get soft and acquire a nice, golden-brown color. Add chopped green onions and salt.
Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let it cook for about 1 minute or less, just until spinach begins to wilt. Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up. Season with salt, if needed. Add 1 tbsp of the B.S.G (basil/serrano/garlic) to finish this amazing dish!