Roasted Asparagus With Feta
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes 15 minutes
- 500 g fresh asparagus
- 6 tbsp of Nuvo's extra virgin olive oil or garlic olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic ( if using extra virgin)
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1 lemon's grated zest
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Discard the asparagus's wood-like part at their base and then peel them from the middle downward.
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil. If you prefer fresh garlic, substitute the garlic oil for one of Nuvo's extra virgin.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute (until fragrant).
- Add lemon zest, oregano, and chili flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Take a bowl and put asparagus, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Now pour mixture from the pan and toss again.
- Transfer this to a greased or lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled feta and thyme.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Before serving, add lemon juice.