This famous recipe of Di Bruno Bros. House of Cheese cookbook has been adapted from "foodrepublic"
PREP TIME COOK TIME
1 hour plus picking time 10 minutes
1 hour 10 minutes
3 cups Nuvos white balsamic vinegar traditional 18 year aged (or Champagne vinegar)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp mustard seeds
1 medium shallot, sliced
4 cloves of garlic
4 sprigs cilantro
2 lb feta, diced or crumbled
1 lb red pitted Cerignola olives (cut in half)
1 lb fresh strawberries, calyx removed and quartered or cut in half (the way you prefer)
1/4th cup Nuvos extra virgin olive oil
1/4th cup cilantro, chopped
12 ounces baby spinach
Salt and white pepper
1. To prepare the pickle, combine the vinegar, 3 cups of water, sugar, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, shallot, garlic, and cilantro in a small saucepan. Boil the liquid over medium-high heat, reduce to simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
2. Place the feta in a large mixing bowl or divide it between two jars. Pour the cool pickling liquid, we prepared earlier over the cheese. Feta should be completely submerged. Cover the feta and refrigerate it for at least five days.
3. To prepare the salad, remove the pickled feta from the liquid and drain it on paper towels. Take a bowl and combine the olives, strawberries, olive oil, cilantro, and spinach. Add feta, then season with salt and pepper.
Join Nuvo Olive Oil to learn -
1) How is Fused Olive Oil Made?
2) The difference between fused and infused olive oil. These facts will allow you to make more informed decisions when at the grocery store and help take your dishes to the next level!
Stuffed with vegetables, whatever available in the home and cheese.