PREP TIME COOK TIME
5 minutes 40 minutes
SERVINGS: 30 cookies
3 large eggs
1 egg, beaten
3 cups (320g) plain flour, unbleached
1/2 cup (105ml) of Nuvos fused olive oil (anyone of your choice)
1 lemon, zested
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup (210g) caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
Pinch of Kosher sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Take a medium bowl and combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside
3. Now whisk eggs and sugar together until thick, frothy and pale.
4. Add oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract while beating the eggs.
5. Combine the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
6. Take a tablespoon of the dough in your hands and form a ball with the palms.
7. Put dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8 Brush the top of each cookie with the egg wash and sprinkle extra sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden
9. Cool on a wire rack and then serve.