Lemon and Olive Oil Cookies
PREP TIME COOK TIME
5 minutes 40 minutes
SERVINGS: 30 cookies
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups (320g) plain flour, unbleached
- 1/2 cup (105ml) of Nuvo's fused olive oil (anyone of your choice)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (210g) caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Pinch of Kosher sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Take a medium bowl and combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Now whisk eggs and sugar together until thick, frothy and pale.
- Add oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract while beating the eggs.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of the dough in your hands and form a ball with the palms.
- Put dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each cookie with the egg wash and sprinkle extra sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden
- Cool on a wire rack and then serve.