Roasted Butternut Squash With Kale and Quinoa Salad
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes 25 minutes
- 2 cups raw butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1/2" cubes.
- 2 cups prepared quinoa, cooled (optional).
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted.
- 1/2 cup ricotta, feta, parmesan or pecorino (anyone of your choice), shaved.
- 6 cups baby kale, washed.
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Nuvo's EVOO (your favorite).
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. Nuvo's Traditional 18 year aged White Balsamic.
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced.
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Take a large bowl and whisk 2 tbsp of olive oil with 2 tbsp of white balsamic. Add butternut squash and toss. Take a baking pan lined with baking sheet and spread the butternut squash in a single layer. Roast it until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Keep it aside.
Now take dressing ingredients and process. Add seasonings as per your taste.
Then take half of the butternut squash and mix with quinoa and kale. Arrange on a large platter. Add some dressing and toss to combine. Add remaining butternut squash over the top. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and grated cheese. Serve and enjoy!!