Gluten-Free Olive Oil Muffins
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes 20 Minutes
SERVINGS: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons Nuvo extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups almond flour (very finely ground almonds)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries and/or walnuts or dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease 6 to 8 wells of a standard muffin pan with a little oil, or line the wells with paper baking cups.
- Use a fork to whisk together the almond flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, the 2 tablespoons of oil, the vanilla extract and yogurt in a separate bowl. Gently stir that mixture into the flour mixture; the batter will be fairly stiff. Gently fold in the fruit and/or nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 6 to 8 wells, filling them almost to the brim. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden and thoroughly dry on top.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
The baked, cooled muffins can be frozen for up to 1 month, wrapped individually in plastic wrap and sealed in a zip-top bag.