Gluten Free Fish And Chips
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes 35 Minutes
SERVINGS: 4 servings
- Nuvo Extra Virgin Olive Oil for shallow frying
- 3 large potatoes, roughly cut into thick chips
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 250 ml chilled soda water
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 6-8 flathead fillets cut in half
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsps mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter/olive oil
- Place the potato chips onto a tray, coat with some olive oil and sea salt, and place into an oven preheated to 200°C for approximately 35 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown. If you want to be really decadent, use Nuvo's Garlic or Spicy Serrano or best of all BOTH for some amazing spicy, garlic potato chips.
- Combine the rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. in a large mixing bowl. Add the soda water and egg, and whisk into a smooth batter. Dip the fish pieces into the batter, letting the excess drip off.
- Heat about an inch of olive oil in a pan. Fry the fish pieces for a couple of minutes on each side, until they are nice and golden brown.
- While you are frying the fish, place 2 cups of frozen peas into a pan with a tbsp of butter or olive oil. Once cooked through, pour into a small bowl, add mint and juice of a lemon and mix through. Season to taste.
- Serve fish, chips, and peas with a side of lemon for a rustic and classic dinner.