Eggplant and Basil Crostini with Grilled Bread
PREP TIME COOK TIME
5-8 minutes 40 minutes
- 8 Tbsp Nuvo Garlic Olive Oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed.
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large eggplant (1 lb.), peeled and cut into 3/4" pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Nuvo White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 10-12 Pieces of sliced baguette of choice
- 1 oz. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Heat 4 Tbsp garlic olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano leaves, and red pepper flakes and cook while stirring often, until garlic is softened but not browned for about 2 minutes.
Add eggplant and keep tossing occasionally, until just starting to brown for about 8–10 minutes. Turn the heat down once the eggplant absorbs the oil. Add 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste. Cook, tossing occasionally, until eggplant is very soft, 10–15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Add Nuvo's White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if required.
Meanwhile, prepare the grill for medium-high heat. Brush both sides of bread with remaining olive oil and grill until brown. Spread eggplant mixture on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Close cover and cook until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve.