Spaghetti With Olive Oil And Garlic
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 mins 10 mins
SERVINGS: 2-4 servings
- ½ pound spaghetti noodles
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Nuvo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan parmesan
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add noodles and ¼ teaspoon salt. Boil pasta for 7-9 minutes, until al dente (i.e.cooked in a way so as to be still firm when bitten).
- While the noodles are cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic.
- Lightly sauté, stirring occasionally, until garlic is fragrant and light brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in red pepper flakes if using.
- Drain water from noodles, reserving 2 tablespoons. Do not rinse noodles with water; the starch of the noodles helps bind the sauce to the noodles.
- Toss noodles in olive oil/garlic mixture and top with fresh parsley, vegan parmesan, and salt to taste. If noodles seem dry, add reserved water.
- Top with fresh parsley, vegan parmesan, salt and Nuvo Olive Oil’s B.S.G (basil/serrano/garlic).
- Serve immediately.