Olive Oil Fried Eggs
Recipe Credit - Seriouseats.com
PREP TIME COOK TIME
5 minutes 10-15 minutes
- A handful of herbs and greens such as fennel fronds, carrot tops, arugula, chervil, marjoram, chives, and parsley etc. (whatever you have on hand)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4th cup of Nuvo Estate Blend Olive Oil or any of your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whole wheat bread, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Chop herbs and greens to make at least 1/4th cup. Set them aside.
- Crack all the eggs into a bowl.
- Take a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or a nonstick pan. Pour olive oil and heat the oil on medium flame. When the oil is hot, pour the eggs. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs. You can also add paprika or crushed red pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and rub each piece with garlic.
- After 1 to 2 minute (When the eggs start setting up on top but the yolks are still soft), turn off the heat and cover the pan.
- Serve a slice of garlic-rubbed bread with an egg and some of the oil from the pan.