Green Soup Elixir with Raw and Slow Cooked Vegetables
Finally, a SUPERFOOD that is so easy to make! It's delicious, each bite will get your body fired up with a superfood rich, anti-inflammatory explosion that comes packed with heart-healthy polyphenols.
We all want to eat healthier, yet with so many competing priorities aiming to take our attention, it can sometimes be a challenge to nourish ourselves the way we may ideally want.
Lucky for us, Private Health Chef June Pagan (chef for Elizabeth Taylor/Al Pacino/Diane Keaton, to name a few) has shared a recipe that she has based of Dr. Bieler’s broth (known as The Original Healing Soup).
This soup is not only healthy, but it’s good for you. And it tastes amazing, and served cold like a gazpacho!
Great way to boost your immune system!
- Most relevant to the moment is that the broth is made to be something like an anti-viral soup; as a dietary supplement that if eaten 2x a day (it’s more like a drink) is a great way to boost your immune system and responses.
- This soup will help you restore the sodium-potassium balance within our liver, and that is always a good thing.
- Digestion takes a fair amount of energy, yet nourishing ourselves with a nutritional soup (typically made with a medley of green including like zucchini, string beans, and celery) that is slow-cooked, replenishes our energy levels with less of an energy drain when it comes to processing and breaking down those ingredients.
Slow cook your vegetables are more bioavailable.
On top of that, numerous studies have shown that by slow cooking your vegetables, you are making the nutrients more bioavailable.
Basically, heating them slowly releases more of the good stuff. And then when you finish the dish with any of Nuvo Olive Oil with high polyphenos (all of our international award winners have a high count) to the soup, you now make all those fantastic ingredients even more bioavailable. And that's a true SUPERFOOD!
Now that it’s summertime, make yourself feel good or impress your friends with something that makes them feel light, yet re-energized and satisfied at the same time.
Stay Healthy Friends!
PREP TIME COOK TIME
10 minutes 15 minutes
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 whole zucchini
- 2 cups of string beans
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup of (Italian) parsley
- 1 Tbl. Nuvo Olive Oil
- Chop vegetables and place in a pot.
- Pour boiling water into the pot with vegetables. Just enough to cover them
- Cook on low for 15 minutes with the lid on, or until vegetables soften.
- Discard some of the cooking liquid If you want thicker soup
- Transfer the cooked vegetables with liquid into a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Finish with Nuvo Olive Oil
- Serve right away