Brown Rice Salad
PREP TIME COOK TIME
15 minutes 60 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (red bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup Nuvo's olive oil and a little B.S.G. olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- black pepper
- Cook brown rice until tender, allow it to cool.
- To prepare the dressing put the ingredients into a large jar, fix the lid and shake well. Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add rice and all salad ingredients.
- Pour over the dressing and mix through.
- A little BSG on top as a final touch. Enjoy!
The flavors will improve as rice soaks in the dressing.