PREP TIME COOK TIME
30 minutes 4 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
1 ½ cups diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
2 cups diced onion
2 lbs. red potatoes
2 Tbsp Nuvo's Garlic Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1½ lbs. beef stew meat
Salt and pepper
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Nuvo Fig Balsamic Vinegar
½ Tbsp dried rosemary
½ tsp thyme
1) Put onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes into a large slow cooker.
2) Now put the stew meat in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add flour and toss the meat until it is coated. Set this aside.
3) Heat Nuvo Garlic Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for about one minute, or until it is fragrant. Add the floured meat and all the flour from the bottom of the bowl to the skillet. Let the beef cook without stirring for a few minutes to allow it to brown on one side. Stir and repeat until all sides of the beef pieces are browned. Add the browned beef to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the vegetables.
4) Return the skillet to the burner and turn the heat down to low. Add the beef broth, Dijon, rosemary, Nuvo Fig Balsamic Vinegar, and thyme to the skillet. Stir to combine the ingredients and dissolve the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Once everything is dissolved off the bottom of the pan, pour the sauce over the ingredients in the slow cooker. The sauce will not cover the contents of the slow cooker. More moisture will be released as it cooks.
5) Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for four hours. Serve hot.
Join Nuvo Olive Oil to learn -
1) How is Fused Olive Oil Made?
2) The difference between fused and infused olive oil. These facts will allow you to make more informed decisions when at the grocery store and help take your dishes to the next level!
Stuffed with vegetables, whatever available in the home and cheese.